BCIP/NBT 1-Component Phosphatase Substrate
BCIP/NBT Phosphatase Substrate detects proteins that have been immobilized on membranes following Western blot transfer or directly via dot blotting. This ready-to-use system is based on the hydrolysis of 5-bromo, 4-chloro, 3-indolylphosphate (BCIP) and nitroblue tetrazolium (NBT) by alkaline phosphatase, resulting in a strong purple reaction product and sensitivity in the low nanogram range. The color is stable and resists fading when exposed to light. Recommended for blotting and ELIspot Assays. 1-Component format of BCIP/NBT (5-bromo-4-chloro-3-indoyl-phosphate/nitroblue tetrazolium), no reagent preparation, hence, more convenient.
- Most sensitive colorimetric AP substrate for blotting
- Sharp band resolution and minimal background
- Linear reaction over a wide dynamic range
- Detection Method: Colorimetric Western or dot blotting
- Stability: 1 year from date of receipt
- Storage: 2 - 8oC