pNPP Microwell Substrate System
Substrate that contains para-nitrophenylphosphate (pNPP). Designed for use with alkaline phosphatase-labeled conjugates. It develops a yellow color measurable between 405-410 nm. Substrate reaction can be stopped with an equal volume of APStop Solution.
Recommended for ELISA applications. Available as a kit containing 5 mg tablets of pNPP and 5M Diethanolamine (DEA) Buffer Concentrate.
- Reliable substrate for detection of alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugates
- Economical choice when high sensitivity is not critical
- Easy preparation
- Detection Method: Colorimetric ELISA
- Measurement: 405 - 410 nm
- Stability: 1 year from date of receipt
- Storage: 2 - 8 degrees C
Comparison of AP Colorimetric Substrates for ELISA
Human IgG was serially diluted in an ELISA plate and detected with Anti-Human IgG labeled with AP. KPL's substrates, BluePhos®, FirePhos™, pNPP, and a competitor pNPP were added to the plate. The reactions were stopped with APStop™ Solution and read at the recommended wavelength for each substrate.