BacTrace® Anti-E. coli O45 Species Antibody
BacTrace® affinity purified polyclonal antibody to E. coli O45 is isolated from a serum pool of goats immunized with heat-killed whole cells of E. coli serogroup O45. Certain strains of E. coli serogroup O45 are considered to be STECs (shiga toxin-producing E. coli). This antibody can be used in a variety of immunoselection and immunodetection applications.
- High specificity to E. coli O45, minimal cross-reactivity to other E. coli serogroups
- Polyclonal antibody yields higher sensitivity than monoclonal antibodies.
- Standardized lots provide consistent performance.
- Immunogen: Heat-killed whole cells of E. coli serotype O45
- Purification: Affinity purification
- Specificity: E. coli O45
- Host: Goat
- Form: Whole IgG
- Label: None
- Physical State: Lyophilized
- Stabilizers/Preservatives: None
- Applications: Capture Antibody: 10 μg/mL, Primary Antibody: 1 – 2 μg/mL
- Stability: 1 year
- Storage: 2 - 8oC
The plot depicts OD values from a TMB-detected HRP capture ELISA. SeraCare's KPL heat-killed positive controls from various STEC serogroups and S. typhimurium (1:100 dilution, ~107 CFU/mL) were used as analytes. Unlabeled anti-E. coli O45 antibody was used as the capture antibody, and HRP-labeled conjugate was used as the reporter. All other assay components were KPL catalog products. This study demonstrates the high specificity of BacTrace Anti-E.coli O45 in an ELISA. Cross reactivity is minimal with other E. coli groups and non-E. coli bacteria.