KPL Antibodies and Conjugates
SeraCare offers a wide range of KPL antibodies with defined specificities. KPL polyclonal antibodies are obtained from the serum of goat or rabbit immunized with a particular antigen. The antiserum is affinity purified to remove nonspecific antibodies, increasing sensitivity and reducing background.
Further purification may be required to remove potential nonspecific reactivities among related animal species or to reduce shared reactivity with other heavy and light chains. For example, antibodies affinity purified against mouse IgG may recognize similar regions on human IgG if it is present in the same immunoassay. Therefore, we further adsorb antibodies to mouse immunoglobulins against immobilized human serum (view our technical note - How KPL Antibodies are Purified).
Unlabeled and labeled antibodies
KPL affinity purified polyclonal antibodies are available unlabeled or labeled with enzymes, biotin or a variety of fluorochromes. Please see our Antibody Selection Guide for assistance in choosing the appropriate antibody for your application.
F(ab’)2 fragments to immunoglobulins eliminate nonspecific binding between the Fc portions of antibodies and the Fc receptor on cells. They are available unlabeled or labeled with AP, HRP, biotin or fluorescein.
Stabilizers and preservatives
Lyophilized enzyme-labeled antibodies and F(ab’)2-labeled antibodies contain goat serum and/or bovine serum albumin as protein stabilizers. Rabbit antibodies contain rabbit serum. No preservatives are added with the following exceptions:
- R-phycoerythrin-labeled antibodies contain a proprietary anti-bacterial agent.
- Gold-labeled antibodies contain sodium azide (0.1%).
- Liquid antibodies contain proprietary preservatives and stabilizers for long-term storage at 2-8 degrees C.
Trust KPL antibodies and conjugates
- We make what we sell. We have produced purified antibodies for over 30 years!
- High performance: high signal:noise, defined specificity, lot-to-lot consistency
- Broad product offering: antibodies to 20 animal species immunoglobulin, 17 different tags/labels
- Quality: produced in our ISO 9001:2008 facility, KPL antibodies are used by leading research and biotech companies
- Antibodies in stock! We maintain >98% availability of all our antibody products.