BacTrace® Anti-E. coli O121 Species Antibody
Affinity purified polyclonal antibody to E. coli O121 made in goat. Isolated from a serum pool of goats immunized with heat-killed whole cells of E.coli serogroup O121. Certain strains of the E. coli serogroup O121 are considered to be STECs (shiga-toxin producing E. coli). Each lot is tested to assure specificity and lot-to-lot consistency using SeraCare's KPL in-house ELISA assay.
- High specificity to E. coli O121 with minimal cross-reactivity to other E. coli serogroups
- Affinity purified polyclonal antibody yields higher sensitivity than monoclonal antibodies
- Can be used in a variety of immunoselection and immunodetection applications
- Immunogen: Heat-killed whole cells of E. coli serotype O121
- Purification: Affinity purified
- Specificity: E. coli O121
- Host: Goat
- Form: Whole IgG
- Label: Unlabeled
- Physical State: Lyophilized
- Stabilizers/Preservatives: None
- Suggested Working Dilutions:Capture Antibody: 10 μg/mL, Primary Antibody: 1 – 2 μg/mL
- Stability: 1 year from date of receipt
- Storage: 2 - 8°C
The figure below demonstrates the high specificity of BacTrace Anti-E.coli O121 in an ELISA. Cross-reactivity is minimal with other E. coli groups and non-E. coli bacteria.
The plot depicts OD values from a TMB-detected HRP capture ELISA. SeraCare's KPL heat-killed positive controls from various STEC serogroups and S. typhimurium (1:100 dilution, ~107 CFU/mL) were used as analytes. Unlabeled Anti-E. coli O121 antibody was used as the capture antibody, and HRP-labeled conjugate was used as the reporter. All other assay components were SeraCare KPL products.