At both of our facilities – Milford, MA and Gaithersburg, MD – SeraCare employees enjoy a work environment that reflects our goal to be best-in-class. We strive for the highest standards of conduct in our relationships with each other, our customers, and our suppliers. Our performance management process engages people at all levels, and our professional development program emphasizes and supports continuing education and on-the-job training. The list below highlights some of our programs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran or uniform service status, or any other status that is protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Communication and education
SeraCare is committed to effective and frequent open lines of communication throughout the company. From quarterly town hall meetings to daily stand-up sessions with whiteboards in the halls, employees are actively engaged in day-to-day business operations.
- Quarterly town hall meetings - company-wide meeting where the CEO and senior leadership team communicate important updates, celebrate accomplishments, and present awards for employee recognition
- Lunch and learns - presentations by employees and departments on relevant industry topics with complimentary lunch provided
- Group stand-up sessions - SeraCare departments host 'stand-up' meetings during the day and throughout the week to share information within each team and to individuals from other teams who attend for news and updates
Awards and recognition
- 'Living Our Value' awards - individual employees and teams nominated by their peers for demonstrating one of SeraCare’s core values - curiosity, adaptability, relationships, and commitment – winners are selected quarterly
- Spot bonus awards – peer-to-peer 'on-the-spot' recognition for demonstrated performance above and beyond normal job duties - winners selected all throughout the year
- Service awards recognition – SeraCare takes pride in the longevity of their employees with service awards and recognition for employees from 1 year to 25 years!
Spirit committee events
The SeraCare Spirit Committee promotes team building and fun across the organization by planning functions, community support efforts, themed days, and more - they are always open to new ideas.
- Red Sox home opener party
- Earth Day – plant delivery to every employee
- Summer outings and cookouts
- Summer ice cream truck visits
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge participation
- Halloween costume contests
- Winter holiday party & ugly sweater contest
- Big Brother Big Sister collections
- Nature picture contest
SeraCare understands that a healthy and safe work environment is important to our employees and vital to the success of our company. Safeguarding the well-being of employees and visitors is a shared commitment of the entire SeraCare community.